Hello from Belgium

Hi , my name is Christian and this is my first post.

My dad (mainly), brother and i have restored WWII vehicles for the past 25 years but we're not realy active on forums and so.

We started with standard US material ,willis, dodge ambulance CCKW 352, Ford cw 15 Canada and some more.

We switched to english vehicles about 20 years ago with a Morris CG, Commercial, Fordson WOT 6 and a K2 and we prefer those in every way.

A few years ago my dad started a full ( well i guess they all were considering the state most of those trucks were in :)) restoration of a Dennis tipper (pig) of wich i very recently found ONE picture taken between 1939 and 1945 ( i showed this to some people who were in the 47 RM commando parade in Port en Bessin on june 7 and although some knew the type none knew of one still working).

I'll be posting more of that particular one because i think it's a pretty rare and good looking vehicle.

I like this forum cause i've been able to gather some information recently and appreciated it , so i thought why not join...

By the way i made a video about that parade if you are interested and if you were there chances are you're in it.

Until next post...

Vid is here :

Thanks guys ,

Nice forum you have here by the way

Would love to see those pics from he Dennis tipper...

Here's ( if i'm doing this right ) some pics i found on the web and some pics of our own.

Number on the truck is not right though, this may sound stupid but i've just recently discovered that the WD n° on the ID plate is the one you're suposed to use on the outside as well.

We used numbers we found in magasines to mark our K2 and WOT 6 as well.

Guess that's going to change now :-)

We've been restoring vehicle for the pleasure of driving them and never bothered for markings or so...

On the ID plat of our Dennis the WD was smashed in so not sure if it's a 6 or 7 figures number.

And.. yes we are gonna add that star on the side too

Dennis WWII + allied star post 06-1944crane.jpg

i221281.jpg

DSC02144.JPG

DSC02150.JPG

DSC02163.JPG

DSC02185.JPG

Number on the truck is not right though, this may sound stupid but i've just recently discovered that the WD n° on the ID plate is the one you're suposed to use on the outside as well.

On the ID plat of our Dennis the WD was smashed in so not sure if it's a 6 or 7 figures number.

Hi Christian,

Good to see an old Dennis restored. A lot of these were sent to Normandy for filling holes in the roads.

Looking at the numbers for that contract, I think your number should be L5219324, you should be able to confirm that as you can check the plate, it is not all that clear in the photo.

regards, Richard

Hi Christian,

Good to see an old Dennis restored. A lot of these were sent to Normandy for filling holes in the roads.

Looking at the numbers for that contract, I think your number should be L5219324, you should be able to confirm that as you can check the plate, it is not all that clear in the photo.

regards, Richard

Thanks Richard , it's even less clear on the plate( the depth of the shodows on picture gives a better clue).

And yes, it's probably a 2 but it might also be a 2 i guess.

Welcome on board and a nice selection of vehicles you mention there

There is a few shots I can think of showing the Dennis Tipper, one with a Ruston Bucyrus Crane Shovel and one with some Churchill's goings past with snow camo

Thanks Paul,

I guess the picture with the Ruston crane is the one i have but i can't find any with a Churchill.

By the way i started a new thread about the Dennis hoping to gather more info on the type.

If you ever get the chance to post that picture with the heavy ones going past i would be very grateful.

Thanks Paul,

I guess the picture with the Ruston crane is the one i have but i can't find any with a Churchill.

By the way i started a new thread about the Dennis hoping to gather more info on the type.

If you ever get the chance to post that picture with the heavy ones going past i would be very grateful.

Let me see if I can remember where it was, I think it was in one of the Warpaint books by Dick Taylor