Paint Colour

terrierman

HI JOHN

The correct colour for your K9 would be DEEP BRONZE GREEN code number BSC 381C 224 as to the history you need to contact the RLC MUSEUM DEEPCUT CAMBERLEY SURREY there is a fee of 35 pounds of this service you need to find the

data plate this is on the near side chassis rail it is a square plate and on it will be the army registration number it will

appear as some thing like this two numbers two letters two numbers XX BG XX and welcome to the forum

REGARDS WALLY

• 1 month later...

John, it's probably 61 BG 80 badly stamped; BG would be in age / sequence for a K9 whereas RG would be a much later vehicle. BC is too early for a K9, I think.

If it helps typically a K9 would start life in deep bronze green gloss, then later in life ('70s) would go matt NATO green and matt black camouflage, finally ending up in plain matt NATO green if they stayed in service long enough. RAF ones could be blue/grey from new, and I've seen ones that went to the middle east in the '50s / '60s in matt light stone or matt light stone and matt black camouflage.

Edited by Sean N

John, it's probably 61 BG 80 badly stamped; BG would be in age / sequence for a K9 whereas RG would be a much later vehicle. BC is too early for a K9, I think.

If it helps typically a K9 would start life in deep bronze green gloss, then later in life ('70s) would go matt NATO green and matt black camouflage, finally ending up in plain matt NATO green if they stayed in service long enough. RAF ones could be blue/grey from new, and I've seen ones that went to the middle east in the '50s / '60s in matt light stone or matt light stone and matt black camouflage.

Thank You Sean.

Regards

John

Terrierman, if you are new to the MV scene - welcome!

BTW - I always fancied a K9 as I had a ride in an RAF Ambulance version over 50 years ago!

Sadly I have nowhere to store one now

Hi Larry,

Thank You,

I am new to the MV Scene although have always been interested in Them.

Regards

John