DPM Para smock.

boots dms

Picked up this rather nice dpm Para smock,mid to late 80,s version made by Supercraft garments and in a reasonable size .Nice brass heavy zipper,no insignia I am afraid,all removed,but still a nice addition to the collection.It does have the small rectangle in white stitched to the back of the collar,(would this be for low light or darkness recognition) whilst patrolling/moving in file etc? Also it has the same white rectangles stitched to the inside inner flap of each breast pocket,(see pics).I hav,nt a clue why?.

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Also it has the same white rectangles stitched to the inside inner flap of each breast pocket,(see pics).I hav,nt a clue why?.

One I bought has them under all the pocket flaps. Must be a desired thing to do for some reason

Re pocket white patches, we used to use them to put our ZAP No and Blood group on for easy recognition in case of becoming a casualty and everyone had them in same place as part of our SOPs. This was days before Body Armour and velcro badges with same on etc as nowadays Gary

Re pocket white patches, we used to use them to put our ZAP No and Blood group on for easy recognition in case of becoming a casualty and everyone had them in same place as part of our SOPs. This was days before Body Armour and velcro badges with same on etc as nowadays Gary

Thanks for the info,must admit I could,nt fathom it out myself,so something else learnt.Cheers again,

Steve(boots dms).

• 4 weeks later...