CVRT Spartan

Got a couple of vehicles registered with the DVLA already and am now looking at registering a Spartan but have heard that the DVLA are getting a bit touchy about registering vehicles. Does anyone know if the DVLA would register a Spartan or has anyone else had any issues recently with a Spartan.

Thank you in advance.

I will be registering my Spartan very shortly so would be interested to hear how you get on.

However, these rumours of no more vehicles being registered have been doing the rounds for ages now,yet as far as I know no CVRTs have been refused registrations. As long as you fill out the forms correctly there shouldn't be any problems. The advice I was given was don't put words like "tank" or "armoured" on the form. Keep it simple and accurate and make sure you include everything the V55 (if memory serves) form asks for.

I imagine most of the confusion comes from the person at the DVLA not being able to find the make and model of vehicle on their drop down list of options on the computer system so make it plain and simple, maybe include a few reg numbers of previously registered CVRT's, if the owners are willing to reveal, so that the person processing the form can see similar vehicles have already been registered.

James

I managed to register mine reasonably easily about 18 months ago, the only issue was that I didn't have the MOD release form so I had to get a verification letter from the MVT

Once I had that there wasn't a problem, except for having to take it to my nearest vosa station before they would finalise the paperwork

This was through a local dvla office though, I don't know whether things will be more difficult now

Mike