Help searching for old Morris film clip

Ron

Within the last three years or so, someone posted an old bit of film from the 60's I think. It was a 1940 Morris PU8/4 being driven around a west country scrap yard. (near Exeter I think) I would dearly love to see that film again and keep it for posterity...... my computer skills have slightly improved since I first saw the film. Can anyone point me to it......PLEASE!!!

Ron

Within the last three years or so, someone posted an old bit of film from the 60's I think. It was a 1940 Morris PU8/4 being driven around a west country scrap yard. (near Exeter I think) I would dearly love to see that film again and keep it for posterity...... my computer skills have slightly improved since I first saw the film. Can anyone point me to it......PLEASE!!!

Ron

Ron,

That was home movies by the late Jeff Theobald, It is still on the Steam Car club site, here is a link to the last page of 8 films, not sure which page the Morris was on.

http://www.steamcar.net/video-page-28.html

regards, Richard

Thanks Richard I'll search that site later. I met up with that Morris today for the first time. Unfortunately at the moment, it's just about as unloved as it always was. I really was hoping to see it sitting all proud like a Poodle with a new bow!

It's under a sheet in a muddy field. Ron

G 1014.jpg

Ron, you asked this before - lol! http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?7797-Morris-Commercial-gallery/page21

Richard has pointed you in the right direction.

It's good to know the Morris has arrived here, presumably with the other items from the US. The auction said there wasn't title, so I hope the buyer didn't have too many difficulties getting the vehicles out of the country.

Yes Runflat! But now I know how to keep it instead of losing it. Thanks all.

I'm not divulging any secrets here as the information is already on the internet. The guy happily gave me these pictures and told me that he bought £60.000 worth of vehicles at that auction and hired two 40' containers to ship them back to UK. (there are a couple of motorcycles also inside the vehicles). Would you believe that he also had to pay VAT on the full value plus on the shipping. So God knows what this lot owes him in the end. Ron

Scan-140212-0001.jpg

Scan-140212-0002.jpg

Scan-140212-0003.jpg

Nice to see the Morris PU and Standard tilly back in the UK, good memories of when I accompanied Jeff Theobold on the trips in the 1980's out to Bastogne when he sold them and other stuff including the Humber Hexanaut to the former Bastogne museum

Edited by Nick Johns