Identification of master brake cylinder

FV1604A

Hi,

Could anyone help to identify a Lockheed Brake Master Cylinder from “our shed”. I think it may be Bedford OY or QL, but that’s only a guess. It states on the unit, 9/14438/2 Dual on one side and Tandem one and a quarter on the other. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Thanks Guy, Thanks Clive,

Still watching and hopefully, a lot nearer to finding its I.D.

Bw,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

The number on the side is misleading as it is a casting number, when they machine them, the front brake port can be on one side or the other depending on the vehicle. If you look at the small stop screw underneath, the copper washer under it has the part number stamped around it. Be careful cleaning it otherwise you will not be able to read it. I have some old Lockheed reference books that will identify it. It could be one for a Bedford MW, but would need to check the number if you can read it.

regards, Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your efforts so far. Of all the numbers, I didn't think these tiny markings on the washer would have any significance, but there you go, wrong again!

It says 32183/2 RH FT 11/16 then a short space followed by RR 15/16.

Look forward to hearing more, thanks again.

Bw, Mike.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your efforts so far. Of all the numbers, I didn't think these tiny markings on the washer would have any significance, but there you go, wrong again!

It says 32183/2 RH FT 11/16 then a short space followed by RR 15/16.

Look forward to hearing more, thanks again.

Bw, Mike.

Mike,

thanks, I had a quick look at the Lockheed book covering 1935 to 1963 with no luck, will look elsewhere later on.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...