Buyer Guide - your help needed.

Jack

Folks.

Something that came from the discussion of 'what new boards would you like to see' thread was the idea of building a data base of 'Buyers Guides'

For example - I would like to buy a Land Rover FFR and I have no idea what I am looking at, a guide would be more than handy. It would need to contain things like techical information - its weight, lenght, height, year of manufactuer, engine size etc etc.......

It would also need to include an image or images. The most important bit would be the 'what to look out for' list, what is good and what is bad. Pointers of how a vehicle has been treated, if it is worn out or is it straight out of the crate?!

I know that some of us don't like to put pen to paper but we will do the editing for English and grammar etc so please don't worry about that. Also there is no need to panick about not knowing it all, we have to start somewhere and it would be a work in progress.

All of the information would go in the reports section of the site and would be there to help everyone else.

I think it could be rather special.

Who is in????

Jack.

I already have a Humber Pig "what to look for" document that I send out when I get asked. I assume that anyone seriously looking to buy a vehicle of a certain type will have the gumption to look it up in a book, so I see no point in just churning out something that can be read up. But there is value in a "what to look for & watch out for this" sort of advice.

It may help me avoid the situation where the seller & the buyer are asking for advice independantly. I have to be extremely carefull to isolate information obtained from one party & not pass it to the other & remain totally impartial but fair to both without breaking confidence that the other party has asked!

I don't think a price guide is helpful as it is a "piece of string question" will depend on condition, rarity, originality & recent new components etc