Ferret Scout - (USA)

PC1075

Hello Friends and Happy New Year!

I know there has been a lot of chatter about which oils etc... and sorry to bring up old nightmares but I hope you can understand ...Orlando is not "Military Vehicle Friendly" so trying to find SAE30 non-detergent oil for the engine etc… and EP90 GL-1 oil for the transfer box etc… , well - let's just say most automotive stores look at me like I'm crazy.

My Ferret (01CC99) is in need of a good service, can anyone American Ferret(eers) or Canadian Ferret(eers) help me?

and .....am I even looking for the right oils?

Thank You.

“Keep Calm And Ferret On”

Dear Simon,

I have found Castrol straight 30 weight oil readily available this side of the pond.

I think the best way to find some of the harder to find materials you may need through the industrial / heavy duty parts suppliers not the main street type retailers.

You do actually make a point that I missed the first time I read it, the EP designation is of a style used by the British military and not one normally recognised in civvy street as astutely pointed out. There is a listing here somewhere of equivalents in civilian terms.

I will look up the other oils you asked about and get back to you, apologies for the delays.

Robin

Edited by robin craig
additions

Dear Simon,

I have found Castrol straight 30 weight oil readily available this side of the pond.

I think the best way to find some of the harder to find materials you may need through the industrial / heavy duty parts suppliers not the main street type retailers.

You do actually make a point that I missed the first time I read it, the EP designation is of a style used by the British military and not one normally recognised in civvy street as astutely pointed out. There is a listing here somewhere of equivalents in civilian terms.

I will look up the other oils you asked about and get back to you, apologies for the delays.

Robin

Would the oil designations not be to a Nato standard?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Friends and Happy New Year!

I know there has been a lot of chatter about which oils etc... and sorry to bring up old nightmares but I hope you can understand ...Orlando is not "Military Vehicle Friendly" so trying to find SAE30 non-detergent oil for the engine etc… and EP90 GL-1 oil for the transfer box etc… , well - let's just say most automotive stores look at me like I'm crazy.

My Ferret (01CC99) is in need of a good service, can anyone American Ferret(eers) or Canadian Ferret(eers) help me?

and .....am I even looking for the right oils?

Thank You.

“Keep Calm And Ferret On”

Several well known auto parts stores carry Penzoil sae non detergent 30 wt...Check the yellow pages for auto parts stores and give them a call...I found it at the local O'reillys auto parts store.

For the engine I use Penzoil sae30 wt (detergent)..On the back of the 1 quart container in fine print it will say something to the effect manufactured for older vehicles...My oil filter was the original diaper type which was like new..However I purchased a cartridge oil filter to put in the filter canister...I purchased my oil filter from www.Khakiimports.com

My Ferret is in the Chicago area...Anyone nearby with a Ferret please Private message me I would like to here from a fellow owner...

The very best to you...