Ql ???????

T corbin

Am I right in thinking Richard that Bedford produced a small number of QL's specially fitted out in the role of fire tenders for use on larger military camps.............or it may just be the result of my muddled imagination after too much festive port and cheese:nut:... either way interesting photo of reverse Lease Lend.

Pete

Am I right in thinking Richard that Bedford produced a small number of QL's specially fitted out in the role of fire tenders for use on larger military camps.............or it may just be the result of my muddled imagination after too much festive port and cheese:nut:... either way interesting photo of reverse Lease Lend.

Pete

Hi Pete,

You are correct, there were specific contract(s) for QLC Fire Tenders and some were still being operated by Army Fire Service in the 1950's. This appears to be one, although I cannot read the census number, it looks to start "L58......", which might make it one of a contract of 553 QLC fire tenders.

Second look at photo I think number starts L52... which may link it to another contract of approx. 300 QLC Fire Tenders, so you can see quite a number were produced.

Edited by Richard Farrant
more info added