Land Rover Lightweight help needed!

Peter4456

The previous owner of my Lightweight was keen on off roading (mostly through deep muddy water, it seems!) and my rolling restoration is mostly cleaning off the mud that is everywhere!

I want to remove the radiator and oil cooler but do I need to drain the oil first? are there any pitfalls in doing what looks like a fairly simple job? is there an EMER on oil cooler removal?

Also, the hand throttle (it's a rod that sticks through the bulk head near the light switch panel) is not connected in the engine bay. It looks like the bits may be all present but does anyone have an exploded view (parts book?) of how it all goes together?

Any help much apprecaited!

G'day. I just sent a PM as I have a lot of the Lightweight books on my hard drive.

The only concern I would have with taking the oil cooler off is snapping the connectors off. I would use preferably the flared nut spanners. If clean, excess oil can drain into a bucket and pour it back in afterwards.

Not sure about the hand throttle as mine didn't have one that I recall, do you have a picture? Is it a 3 or a 2A?