M9 45 ton trailer

Hello

I have a M9 trailer but want to know who built it, The data plate is an Italian one and has 16376 stamped on it and on the dolly stamped above the front right spring hanger is FW16376.

Who made it ?

Are there more stampings any where else on the trailer ?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff Jensen

Hello

I have a M9 trailer but want to know who built it, The data plate is an Italian one and has 16376 stamped on it and on the dolly stamped above the front right spring hanger is FW16376.

Who made it ?

Are there more stampings any where else on the trailer ?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff Jensen

Jeff, as no one else has replied my limited knowledge of the M9 is that they were made by Rogers and used many Fruehauf components in the suspension. Apparently (not confirmed) other US producers included Winter-Weiss, Fruehauf, Pointer-Wilamette and Checker Cab.

Hi radiomike

Thanks for saying something, I knew it would be a slow topic. I think the FW in the serial number was one of the manufacturers.

I think the one or two of the authors of the two Diamond T 980/981 books are on this site.

Someone sometime has to have sand blasted one of these trailers and seen some serial numbers stamped somewhere.

thanks,

Jeff