Paint Colour SCC15 for Dieppe Churchill

Lynx22B

Mike Starmer's "British Army Colours & Disruptive Camouflage in the United Kingdom, France, and NW Europe 1936-45" is a book you might want to take a look at. It's the only place I know of to find paint chips colour matched to examples of each paint colour (although as others have pointed out on various threads, there was likely considerable variation in the colours).

You might also want to take a look at the (black and white) photos in "Dieppe through the lens of the german war photographer" by Hugh G. Henry and Jean Paul Pallaud. You can see two tones of colour in some of the photo's which might tie in with SCC2 / SCC1A camo from the other book. These are photo's of the actual Dieppe vehicles captured immediately after the battle. Sobering stuff.

Edited by Lauren Child

• 8 years later...
On 11/26/2013 at 10:52 PM, Lauren Child said:

Mike Starmer's "British Army Colours & Disruptive Camouflage in the United Kingdom, France, and NW Europe 1936-45" is a book you might want to take a look at. It's the only place I know of to find paint chips colour matched to examples of each paint colour (although as others have pointed out on various threads, there was likely considerable variation in the colours).

You might also want to take a look at the (black and white) photos in "Dieppe through the lens of the german war photographer" by Hugh G. Henry and Jean Paul Pallaud. You can see two tones of colour in some of the photo's which might tie in with SCC2 / SCC1A camo from the other book. These are photo's of the actual Dieppe vehicles captured immediately after the battle. Sobering stuff.

I think the two tones are from where the waterproofing was attached to the tanks