Diamond T 969A

mullvane

Hi all,

Here are a few pictures of my 969 which I recently bought from a local farmer. As can been seen it is mostly there apart from a complete windscreen frame and a passenger seat. Does anybody know if the tie down hooks under the rear body would be an orginal fitment?

Regards

Jack

101_3848.jpg

101_3825.jpg

101_3796.jpg

101_3814.jpg

101_3802.jpg

101_3807.jpg

101_3827.jpg

101_3838.jpg

Edited by mullvane

The hooks under the body could be original , if it has been in Canadian service , but then there would be as well fitments on top of the booms for wooden poles , and a structure on the frame for a canvas ,

There is still a tail door lying in a local scrapyard here , any use ?

Hi Mullvane,

Welcome to the Diamond T club.

The tie downs I have never seen on another 969.

I look forward to progress pictures. I have re built an open cab and am repairing the wrecker body at the moment.

Good luck.

Sam, down under.

The hooks under the body could be original , if it has been in Canadian service , but then there would be as well fitments on top of the booms for wooden poles , and a structure on the frame for a canvas ,

There is still a tail door lying in a local scrapyard here , any use ?

Hi Maurice,

The previous owner did say he believed that it had served with the Canadians, there is also a tie down on the chassis above the middle axle which looks orginal?101_3922.jpg

Thanks for the lead on the tail gate but I have what I believe to be a 968 tailgate

Regards

Jack

Lovely project Jack. Please keep us updated on the progress.

The D-rings on the rear panel close to the tail lights also look like Ford CMP, although these could have been fitted postwar.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi MACCDT,

A while back you said you had a pair of headlights and brackets for sale for a Diamond T, just wondering if you still have have them? I did try and get in contact with you as soon as you said about them, probably the private message I sent didn't reach you?

Regards

Jack

Hi all,

We finally took the engine out today, I did not appreciate how tight a fit it was in the chassis!

Prior to us taking it out we fired it up and at first we got a oil pressure reading of 50 and once it had warmed up to 160 degrees it droped down to 25 which I have been told is about normal for a Hercules

Regards

Jack

101_4394.jpg

101_4396.jpg

• 1 month later...