Hello from Bomber County

Joskin

Good afternoon all, and hello from a drizzly Lincolnshire not far from RAF Coningsby.

I am a long time Land Roverist with a healthy interest in all things mechanical, be they agricultural, plant, industrial, or road haulage. Up until a couple of years ago I worked as a Directional Driller on a 50 ton mobile rig, but following a serious RTA (no more motorcycles for me) in 2010, my days of humping heavy drilling kit about for a living are sadly behind me.

To make up for the lack of "kit" in my day job I have just realised a long time dream to purchase something of my own, in the shape of an ex RAF FVRDE Scammell Explorer.

So that's me more or less, I look forward to working my way through the pages here within and speaking with some of you soon :)

Regards, Steve.

Thank you for the welcomes folks, I have had a trawl through a very small amount of the forum thus far and found it very interesting and informative :-)

I'm looking forward to collecting my large lump of green this coming weekend, and will take a snap or two along the way.

cheers, Joskin

Good afternoon all, and hello from a drizzly Lincolnshire not far from RAF Coningsby.

I am a long time Land Roverist with a healthy interest in all things mechanical, be they agricultural, plant, industrial, or road haulage. Up until a couple of years ago I worked as a Directional Driller on a 50 ton mobile rig, but following a serious RTA (no more motorcycles for me) in 2010, my days of humping heavy drilling kit about for a living are sadly behind me.

To make up for the lack of "kit" in my day job I have just realised a long time dream to purchase something of my own, in the shape of an ex RAF FVRDE Scammell Explorer.

So that's me more or less, I look forward to working my way through the pages here within and speaking with some of you soon :)

Regards, Steve.

Hello there friend. I am for the north west of UK but currently on a week's break in DIGBY in a cottage with my better half! Exploring Bomber County. Just done my Just Jane day at East Kirkby. Can I just reccomend this to EVERYONE, even if nit into planes they have a small vehicle museum onsite too. Even got a"visiting " Dakota in the hangar!