Jump to content
  • 0

oil filled shock absorbers

Tony B


6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0


in the factory workshop manual it says to types of dampers are fitted the woodhead monroe which cannot be adjusted or replenished and the armstrong which can be topped up but here comes the unhelpful bit it says top up with armstrong

super shock absorber oil it is imperative to do so best advice l can give is ask the WOLSELEY ONWERS CLUB THEY MUST HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
You could try Stevson Motors, 0121 472 1702. They specialise in rebuilding these types of shockers.

You used to be able to buy shocks oil desperately. What about forks oil used in motorbikes? I'm a hydraulics engineer and can help decipher an oil code if not clear! Bottle Jack oil can be just an ordinary hydraulic 46 grade oil which is what I normally top them up with after repair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...