Trico Vacuum Wiper Motors

RattlesnakeBob

I'm guessing Trico Vacuum Wiper Motors were probably fitted to a number of Military vehicles throughout the 1940s ???? ....... There's one on my Hudson that is refusing all of my efforts to make it do anything other than 'hiss'.......

.........and....

....I've found a fella in the US that will rebuild/ renovate it and also guarantee it for 3 years afterwards all for what I think is a well reasonable price too....:)

...but........before I box it up and send it off...

....does anyone on here know of anyone offering a similar service here in the UK ?...many thanks!

Hi, I tried to reply earlier but cound't log in.

We had a Ford prefect a few yrs back as my wife wanted 1. That was a 1960 107E (100e shape with 105e mech.s) It had Trico vacuum wipers so I would suggest checking in the classic car world.

Also just found this- you may have already seen it ?

Regards Gerry

Hi, I tried to reply earlier but cound't log in.

We had a Ford prefect a few yrs back as my wife wanted 1. That was a 1960 107E (100e shape with 105e mech.s) It had Trico vacuum wipers so I would suggest checking in the classic car world.

Also just found this- you may have already seen it ?

Regards Gerry

Yep, im a classic Ford man and the 100e did have Tryco wipers.

Get in touch with the Ford 100e owners club, they willl have a technical guy who can help.

Ford Consul and other, larger vehicles them as well, but they had a vacuum pump on the bottom of the fuel pump to help the manifold vacuum.

Also, a reservoir tank helps a lot with these things.

Trico-Folberth was the name I rember from the industrial side, the trademark was always 'Trico'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trico

Peter