Saracen date ?

Mike H

Can anyone help please ? Trying to find out year of saracen 83ba71 if at all possible, also what would be a reasonable price to pay for a dead one ? As I am very very tempted after looking at it, but don't tell the better half.

Thanks

Mike H

Can anyone help please ? Trying to find out year of saracen 83ba71 if at all possible, also what would be a reasonable price to pay for a dead one ? As I am very very tempted after looking at it, but don't tell the better half.

Thanks

Mike H

According to my list of Army VRNs --

70BA00-88BA19 Army -- issued to A Vehs 1953/54

So yours comes in the middle somewhere

As has been mentioned, the tank museum should be able to give you a more precise date

Great thanks for the replies, Bovington are fantastic with the service that they do ! here's what I have so far ... built Nov 1955 and returned to Alvis with a fault, DIS jan 1956 started life as an Armoured Ambulance seems to have spent most of its time as a reserve vehicle was BAOR for a time then up-armoured and converted to APC and sent to Ireland again as reserve.

Saracen is in a bit of state at moment but very very tempting....... any idea what the going price is for a neglected dead Saracen ???

and cheap fuel .......

thanks again for the reply's

mike H

Great thanks for the replies, Bovington are fantastic with the service that they do ! here's what I have so far ... built Nov 1955 and returned to Alvis with a fault, DIS jan 1956 started life as an Armoured Ambulance seems to have spent most of its time as a reserve vehicle was BAOR for a time then up-armoured and converted to APC and sent to Ireland again as reserve.

Saracen is in a bit of state at moment but very very tempting....... any idea what the going price is for a neglected dead Saracen ???

and cheap fuel .......

thanks again for the reply's

mike H

Depends. how long is a piece of string? In all seriousness, it will depend on how "dead" is is dead. It could be worth the value of scrap only, really, . So, a bit more detail might help.

Cheers

Nick

Cold War Collection,

Ottawa, Canada

The Northern Ireland up armoured examples like the Pigs are also worth less than vehicles in their original configuration as you can do less with them.

I wouldn't have said that.. To some people the NI history is a plus when looking at a vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...