Seat belts - required for MOT or not???

ArtistsRifles

Going through the pre-MOT checklist today on the Landie, working out whats left to do - suddenly dawned on me there are no seatbelts fitted to the front, nor does it look as though it's ever had them...

Are seatbelts required for the MOT in ex-Military vehicles or are they exempt from that part of the requirement??

If they are required - how the hell do they fit in????

OK - thank's folks - looks like I'm gonna be talking to either Paddocks, Craddocks or Blanchards again!! :-o

Those three firms must be loving me right now!! :schocked: :-) :-)

Running a bit short of time now John if I want to make the Plains weekend - going to have to go in blind for now and hope I've got it right next time I see Lee's - when I'm down the fort on the 25th for the open day!!

Yes they are required. No age exemption on your particular vehicle Neil.

I would suggest you ask Lee to take a look at how his one is fitted with belts.

Pass :dunno: just know they are there.. take a look next time down the Fort Neil..

As she was trailered home I never gave seat belts a thought...

It was only because I was going through the work remaining for the MOT that the light suddenly dawned that there were no belts in the cab. Bit worrrying 'cos I'm a great believer in using them, when fitted, wherever possible.