Austin K9

a13k9

Hi All, I am currently restoring a 1952 Austin K9. We have had this verified by the Vehicle Heritage but I am now after some further details and I wondered if some of the members may be able to help me with. On the chassis it has a brass plate with some information on it I would like to see if anyone is able to offer any advice on its history and what service it was involved in. Firstly Ministry of Supply W.V.3 Vehicle No. 40 BG 71 Chassis No. 201125 then Class of Repair is BASE OH Date 10 56 (think this is 1956) MIRS No. 384. We found also found some graffiti on the back cross member which says SCRIVEER REME 1957 and then South Rase. Any information would be much appreciated. It is definitely an early K9 as it does not have the vents in the bonnet and apart from a bit of rot which I am welding at the moment it is in good working order and it's actually done 12,000 miles. Thanks Chris

HI

And welcome on the history of your K9 i would write to The RLC Museum at DEEPCUT they may have your vehicle

history card I know they have some of them in the BG range The INFORMATION plate tells you that it under went a

Base Over Haul in October 1956

REGARDS WALLY