What Clansman Bits do i need please.

Hello, I would like to try and put a non working clansman radio back in my GS RB44. Does anyone have any photos please of the setup inside a GS boughton and if not does anyone know atleast what 'bits' I would need or would it have just been to a manpack? I have no idea how it would fix to the mounts shown in the photo. Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Ihave a very small picture to upload but it dosnt seem to be working. will keep trying.

Edited by camrhee
cant upload picture and have to put geese in

Hi

I am not aware of any "Clansman Radio X into RB44 GS" EMERs having emerged into the open yet so you probably need to find someone who used a similar vehicle in service to advise. A couple of questions

1) is the GS RB44 24V or 12V ?

2) is the truck in your avatar photo the one in question - if so does the antenna base have a cylindrical metal part under the rubber ?

There are two VHF setups that can be used in a vehicle with the No.31 base and cylindrical VHF adapter

1) UK/PRC-351 (or 352) with DCCU 14V (for 12v vehicles) or 28V (for 24v Vehicles) as a float charger, initiate box and TUUAM

2) UK/VRC-353 with 24v vehicle supply, ARFAT, and TUUAM

But in GS 12V landrovers only the first is possible because the 353 needs a 24V supply. I dont know if that was also true for the RB44. I am fairly sure that the box body RB44s for BATES and BMETS used a 353 with DMU (encryption device) in the back.

Without the photo I cant help much more - if the mounts were for a base plate approx 14 x 10 inches it was for a 353, and there will be separate locations for the ARFAT (4 x 3 inch box) and TUUAM (6 x 8 inch box approx). If the mounts were on a vertical surface and look like a pair of horizontal bars it was probably a "clip in" 351/2, In that case there will be holes for a DCCU (roughly 6 x 6 inch square), Initiate Box (approx 3" square), and the TUUAM.

In either case the TUUAM should be very close to the antenna base.

I can probably help you with a dead 351 with a dead battery, and an initiate box which are the visible parts of the system if you decide that's what's needed. I don't have a dead DCCU but the 14v ones in particular die often and I am sure someone will have one in "spares repair or display" condition

Regards

Iain

73 de G0OZS