Dodge m37 parts

sim60

Question

Hi, could anybody tell me the size of the core plugs on a 1952 m37,just got mine out of storage finally(long boring story) and the one behind the oil filler tube has gone rotten, and where i could purchase a set from i believe they are the same as the WC series.Any help would be much appreciated.As a long shot if you have a set and want to sell them please PM me.

Thanks Simon:-D

3 answers to this question

Steve Rivers at Dallas Autos

Same size in 201, 217, and 230 cu in engines I'm sure, and the M37 lump is just a late 230 unit. You could size them and get them off the shelf, but Steve will have a pile and could advise on tricks of the trade.

Get a set of plugs, or a set plus a spare, and drain and flush the block. Do not disturb the water pump unless you are prepared / equipped to change it, but ideally core plugs, block flush, and radiator flush all at the same time with the water pump off so you can get into the back of the water distribution tube with a hose, or better yet a pressure washer.

The ideal Dodge spares box, actually carried on the truck, would be rotor arm, cap, points, condenser, plugs, HT lead, fuel pump, fuel hoses, fan belt, radiator hoses and clips, core plugs, and a spare carb. The theory being that if a fuel pump or carb gives you grief miles from home banging on a spare is less hassle than fixing a broken one.

Edited by Gordon_M