Dallas Digout

Guest JeepJockey

I'll certainly keep me eye open for you Jack, a .50 cal and tins you said wasn't it? How many do you want and how much can I spend. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paul

I'll certainly keep me eye open for you Jack, a .50 cal and tins you said wasn't it? How many do you want and how much can I spend. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paul

Hey thanks Paul - not to sure how much they are to be honest but around 6-7 tins would be wonderful!

Guest JeepJockey

The beauty of the Dallas DIG OUT (tomorrow Sunday 4th March opening 8.00am for punters) is that you never know whats going to turn up, its a chance for anyone to clear out the garage or attic of all those unwanted or unused vehicle bits and general militeria.

You really have to know what you're looking at and move fast as you can imagine the prices being asked is not traders prices but individuals just glad to get shot of their clutter.

For instance I've brought in the past

12 x 12 hessian camo net for £1 :-D

Jeep regulator £1 :-D

Jeep Autolite horn £10 :-D

Wartime dated ammo boxes £5 :-D

Jeep Warner tow socket £3 :-D

Petrol pump £1 :-D

QMC marked Jeep tyre pump £30 (more than I wanted to pay but hey still cheap) ;-)

Original Jeep windshield canvas covers £30 ;-)

Harley WLA Documents 50 p :whistle:

late wartime UTICA USM4 trench knife and USM8A1 scabbard :whistle:

leather flying jackets with silk illustrated lining :whistle:

and seen Jeep shelly steering wheel go for a fiver. :schocked:

And to top it all sold my own "Junk" to pay for my new toys whilst meeting up with friends. 8-)

Quite honestly Jack there is no substitute for not being there. Car share a ride makes even better sense if you're travelling any distance and have breakfast when you get there.

Regards,

Paul

Guest JeepJockey

Perhaps I should have added that those items have been aquired over the past 4 Dallas Dig Outs.

Isn't it the case that one mans junk is anothers treasurer, we all have a little of both.

See you all there.

Regards,

Paul

Guest JeepJockey

So guys who went and what little gems did you find.

I'm happy with my BOYT 42 Doughboy pack, 41 Pup tent and 3 bacon rolls. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Regards,

Paul

Yea and I bet you got them bacon rolls cheaper than the £2.oo.

we had to pay for ours lol seriously though got a shirt for a £1.oo.

Bren canvas cover unissued some storage stains £10.oo. and a

1941 tankers jacket size 42" £10.oo. a gas operated walther pistiol

and a very nice percussion pistol and left an offer on a .50 cal

parts which the guy went home when it started raining all in all

not the best one I've attended but the under cover cafe was a

good idea to have sit and chat while eating your butties

Commander

Luckily I got a pitch under cover but it was in the barn out of view to a lot of people. Took £23.50 on things that on the last three digouts nobody would look at let alone buy. Yet I had more of some previous best selling lines but no interest. Strange :dunno:

Guest JeepJockey

Yes Commander, you bu**er I hummed and arghed at the Tankers Jacket and then you moved in! LOL Good purchase for a tenner.

What was that .50 cal, was it an unfinished project? Duh Jack...... I think I've let your .50 go.

Sadly the weather was against us in the end which puts off prospective car booters. Lets hope the later Dig Out is fairer weather.

Regards,

Paul