Moving FV432s

Hi folks

I need to arrange to move two FV432s from Leicestershire to Staffordshire (and back again) for a weekend event.

We have one heavy haulage company who have told us they can do it but would need to use two transports each way which is rocketing the cost - Just wondered if any members here know someone who can quote to do the move with one vehicle? The FV432s are I believe around 15 tonnes each.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Jim

Hi folks

I need to arrange to move two FV432s from Leicestershire to Staffordshire (and back again) for a weekend event.

We have one heavy haulage company who have told us they can do it but would need to use two transports each way which is rocketing the cost - Just wondered if any members here know someone who can quote to do the move with one vehicle? The FV432s are I believe around 15 tonnes each.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Jim

Hi I have moved two at once with the company that I work for would it be drop of Friday pick up Monday?

Hi I have moved two at once with the company that I work for would it be drop of Friday pick up Monday?

We will be finished with the vehicles on Sunday around 4pm so they could go back to Leicestershire on the Sunday night or anytime Monday BUT its a bank holiday weekend so we may be better/cheaper moving them back on the Tuesday?

We will be finished with the vehicles on Sunday around 4pm so they could go back to Leicestershire on the Sunday night or anytime Monday BUT its a bank holiday weekend so we may be better/cheaper moving them back on the Tuesday?

hi £1800 plus vat there is a lot traveling miles as the company is in watford so the nearer you can get a company to the pick up the cheaper it will be.our trailer does have a 20 ton winch on it so can load non runners a lot of heavy haulage low loaders do not but i think your two are runners?

Abnormal Indivisible Load ??? must be grossing over 44 tonnes.

hi my boss must have read this Category 1 and Category 2 Two or more abnormal indivisible loads may be carried if:

• each load is the same character; and
  • they are loaded at the same place and carried to the same destination; and
  • the overall width of any vehicle used does not exceed the width necessary to carry the widest single load; and
  • the overall length does not exceed the length necessary to carry the longest single load.

An abnormal indivisible load consisting of engineering plant, together with constituent parts detached from the plant, may be carried if:

• the engineering plant and its detached parts are loaded at the same place and carried to the same destination; and
  • the detached parts do not constitute any lateral, forward or rearward projection of the load that exceeds any projection existing without those parts.
  • i put the above plant stuf in as i did not know how they carried loads of crane counter weight at the same time. also might hit it from a another angle recovery is out side of c and u stuf ie sizes and can recover 2 broken down things both 432 in pic broke down had to be winched on . 432 are over size i believe as this is problem when going to register them. this reminds of when we first started on the police recovery contract we were told we can not tow a artic as one as this is a divisible load so good for us as we could charge for two recovery trucks but quite rightly owners complained said no one else done this we were then told we can tow an artic as one right or wrong i still do not know legally.

hi my boss must have read this Category 1 and Category 2 Two or more abnormal indivisible loads may be carried if:

• each load is the same character; and
  • they are loaded at the same place and carried to the same destination; and
  • the overall width of any vehicle used does not exceed the width necessary to carry the widest single load; and
  • the overall length does not exceed the length necessary to carry the longest single load.

It was only a matter of time before this was questioned :D

Mmm, therein may lie the problem - and overall length does not exceed length necessary to carry longest single load. It could be argued that it does exceed this, because trailer has been extended to carry the second unit.

How about we break with tradition and neatly sidestep the usual HMVF bunfight normally arising when these questions of compliance with RV legislation crop up, and just agree that there are issues which need to be looked at and leave this to the transport companies concerned - who I guess know what they can and cannot get away with?

I heard a tale of a company that moved two big storage tanks at once by carrying with them a very long girder - and then took the girder back again to get the second pair of tanks. Make your own mind up on that one!

Edited by N.O.S.
spelling

It was only a matter of time before this was questioned :D

Mmm, therein may lie the problem - and overall length does not exceed length necessary to carry longest single load. It could be argued that it does exceed this, because trailer has been extended to carry the second unit.

How about we beak with tradition and neatly sidestep the usual HMVF bunfight normally arising when these questions of compliance with RV legislation crop up, and just agree that there are issues which need to be looked at and leave this to the transport companies concerned - who I guess know what they can and cannot get away with?

I heard a tale of a company that moved two big storage tanks at once by carrying with them a very long girder - and then took the girder back again to get the second pair of tanks. Make your own mind up on that one!

:goodidea::clap::clap::clap::angel:

Thanks everyone for your input. I do now have reasonable quotes from companies to move them on one load, two loads, and one load two journeys so it looks like we will be able to make it happen :)

The 432s will be used for the weekend, with ride/drive experiences on offer, and will be used as moving props in a couple of our combat gaming events over the weekend of our Paintball & Combat Games Festival.

We are still looking for some owner/drivers to come and be involved if anyone is interested. We are after..

Game Vehicles

2-3 Ex army land rovers / jeeps to be added to our fleet of on-game transport. We can pay expenses and a wage for driving them. Not looking for show condition vehicles for this - and not for the faint-hearted as you will be in the middle of a 1700+ player paintball game on the Sunday ! The vehicles are not "Targets" but will be used to ferry players or game control staff around the action so may pick up the odd (biodegradable) paint splats. We do have fire hydrant and hose available to clean off any splats the vehicles get.

Display Vehicles

Between festival goers, vendors, staff etc there will be over 2000 people on site. It is a great character filled environment - an active military training facility with a real cold war era feel to it.

We would be pleased to hear from anyone with a vehicle(s)/display they would like to show off. We would provide a pair of free tickets to the festival which is a brilliant weekend for anyone into combat gaming / big boys toys ! and a suitable space in the festival area for your display.

Its a Fri to Sun event, with a full program of entertainment and activities. Its the biggest event of its kind in Europe. Camping is included. There is Brilliant friendly vibe to the whole weekend, anyone who gets involved will have a great time :)

When: 3-5 May 2013

Where: DTE (Defence Training Estate) Swynnerton ST15 0QN

What:

Check out the event at www.northvsouth.com or drop me a message if your interested to find out more :)