A very rough Dingo???..possibly for sale??

RattlesnakeBob

Whilst generally mooching Google Maps I happened to look at an old company that I had a lot of business with 20 or so years ago and noticed a rather sad old armoured car lying by the lane outside their yard....

.....I think it's a Ferret ??? :)

PS: Edited all the details out to comply with the very sensible rules of the Forum...Sorry!

Edited by RattlesnakeBob

Certainly it looks a bit rough but...:-\..

....from a restoration point of view, surely there's more than enough to make her worth having??

I can see the engine and all the wheels are there, as is the suspension and the turret and the main 'body' doesn't appear to have suffered from the attentions of the gas lamp.....

..The bits that to my untrained eye do seem to be missing, such as wheel archs/mudguards/storage boxs etc would be easy enough to replicate given that there are quite a few about that you could get your measurements /dimensions off etc........All I can say is

..If I had a suitable workshop and the resources I think I'd have a go at her.......but....

to be fair I've never worked on an armoured car of any sorts in my life.... so hahah ! ... what do I know! :)

I who’d defiantly give it a go but I bet it is gone to the scrappers by now . :nut:

Well I dunno. the company had quite a big scrap operation going alongside of their demolition and dismantling and skip hire trade so.??.....

if it had been parked up in front of the house like that I'm guessing they thought it was worth 'keeping to one side' for various reasons , either to sell to any interested fella wandering by or because the family thought it was 'quirky' enough to keep as a sort of a 'garden ornament'.....

.............otherwise it would probably have had the lamp the day it appeared in their yard :)

Edited by RattlesnakeBob

For some reason I can't 'cut and paste' the location off Google Maps to give a direct link ....so I'll have to explain it.. here goes anyways.......

The link would of been deleted if you had pasted it.. please refer to Forum Rules.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?517-Forum-RULES-amp-GUIDELINES

Google Maps Vehicle Security Issue

Due to security implications where collections/vehicles have been pinpointed on Google Maps & similar or where detailed directions to vehicles are posted, we will now remove without notice any posts where private collections/vehicles are marked on any such maps or directions to the collection/vehicles are posted. This includes any aerial photography of peoples property.

Ah ...very sorry Marmite....very sensible rule....sorry again !

anyways..... I may be on the hunt for bits in the near future we'll have to see!...

...I'd never thought of an armoured car/scout car (or whatever it should be called) for myself but having had a sort of resigned "oh why the hell not" off my Missus :cool2:....... we'll have to see what happens!

Thanks for your interest and suggestions , I'll keep you all informed if it comes along :)

PS: I've also edited my other posts to remove any details ....I know it makes the whole thread a bit confusing but I should have thought about the very sensible rules of the forum before I originally posted!... sorry to all and Marmite once again !

Edited by RattlesnakeBob

• 2 weeks later...

oooh. If you do see it, can you look out for the hull number (stamped on small plate above the drivers right shoulder). I'd be surprised if the data plate is still there. Could you get photos? :-)

Cheers

oooh. If you do see it, can you look out for the hull number (stamped on small plate above the drivers right shoulder). I'd be surprised if the data plate is still there. Could you get photos? :-)

Cheers

Off to finally see it this week with any luck mate ...I'll take a load of pictures and have a look for the number :)