Pic taken RAF Pembray 1950s

Gerry275

Nice photo, illustrating the slow transition from the old warhorses to newer equipment.

And it looks a little too clean and tidy! How soon before/after the inspection was this taken?:-D

Ahh- not sure about inspection (but i do know the Equipment in need of work was taken out of sight,and hidden in the wood at such times)

I will ask, but not sure after all those years if Dad can recall.

Nice, I will have one of each!!!!!!! Any similar piccys of staff cars at all?

Mark

Sorry Mark no!! Dad was an MTM in 233ocu and was then trained on the Diesel Generators on the American Ground approach Radar- He still wont talk about it quoting Official secrets!!!!

When they were not putting aviation fuel in motors to take around the track, they were on their Motor bikes. I have a great pic of his BSA Gold Star.

Sorry Mark no!! Dad was an MTM in 233ocu and was then trained on the Diesel Generators on the American Ground approach Radar- He still wont talk about it quoting Official secrets!!!!

All the manuals are now openly available through National Archives and museums, so maybe that will persuade him it's ok to talk.

Failing that I have the correct security clearance :D

Show him the attached please The gen sets were in the back of the Diamond tees, they also used the British sets mounted on different chassis including Austin K6, Matador and Fordson WOT1s. But the DT were supplied with the GCAs from the US of A

Please give my Regards

from a fellow RAF vet

TED

image003.jpg

image005.jpg