Tony Sudds Army Green?

BSA WM20

Yes thats the best solution, but if you give it a gloss undercoat it needs to be flated before overcoating with matt so the paint sticks !

A friend of mine did this when he restored his K6 and it looks as good today as it did when he restored it many years ago and it is used very regularly.

Rob..................rnixartillery

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4goQqoLS5VM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4goQqoLS5VM&gl=GB

take a look at the youtube link, if I recall that is tony Sudds Mix 1 .. I personal find that the matt paint scuffs a bit to quickly whereas the mix has a tougher finish ...

lovely to know that it's still named after our lord and master The great Tony Sudds..

As for a accurate WW2 colour , well it's a fantastic match ..being very very close to several NOS parts I have on the shelf.

ken

Tony Sudds done a full nut and bolt restoration on my Jeep back in 1989. He used to use Glasruits(spellings) which was a gloss paint which Tony added a lot of matting agent to. The finished result left a slight sheen to it. Which has stood the test of time which is evident in the pics below. Glasruits stopped doing the paint a couple of years after Tony restored the jeep. He went on to use another type of paint which by his own admittance wasn't the same. I haven't spoken to Tony in a couple of years. So maybe he,s come up with something else.

DSCF9156.jpg

DSCF9152.jpg

DSCF9158.jpg

DSCF9145.jpg

DSCF9147.jpg

Edited by Lord Burley

You couldn't do that kind of restoration now as the original boxed parts are no longer available. This was three years in the making as the rule from the start was always to use original boxed parts which we managed to do. The only patern parts on it are the Tony Sudds wiring loom,tyres, and the mount for the .50(made by Dave Gunn) My late father had tried 12 years previously for Tony to take it on. But at the time he had just finished his 42 GPW and didn't want to take on another so soon. It wasn't till I was driving in 1987 that we got the ball rolling again. We have had the jeep 37 years.