New bits for Samson

guykay

Finally got round to fitting the vice on the back of the Samson that I bought months ago. For some reason the horizontal mounting plate appeared to have bean gas axed off. had to make up a new fabrication to bolt on in its place to mount the vice on. Anyone got any ideas why the mount would have been removed?

Decided to jet wash off the running gear as it got considerable amounts of grunge on/in it during recovering the tractor & car from the ford down our lane a few weeks ago. The amount of stuff that gets trapped is unbelievable( that's the excuse I used with the wife when she got upset about the state of our drive afterwards!). I would have thought that in service this could have been a problem as if it had frozen it might have caused problems. Youngest seems to enjoy jet washing. Splendid, it will save me a job

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358171692.820018.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358171714.123256.jpg

Nice pics mate I have a vice for the back of mine which I stripped blasted painted and greased. Vice done, now just need to finish the Samson! There should also be a canvas cover to protect it from the elements.

When I changed the sprockets and road wheels on my Sabre there were bits of mud stuck between them which had literally set like concrete. Not a problem with the roadwheels but took a while to get at all the bolts on the sprockets, i had to use. Achisel and hammer to get it out..!