New Project, and Matt is the only one who knows!

Jessie The Jeep

I'll certainly bring the top down in case it is cold or damp, and for people to have a look at, but if the sun is shining, it would be a shame to hide myself away under cover!! It should be warm by the end of June!!!!

I've thought about swapping to Bargrips before, but as I use Jessie so much just for fun rather than shows, the Kleber tyres seemed much safer on the frequently wet roads up here in the frozen North!!! Our very own 'Whistlinwolf' went skating in the damp in his jeep fitted with Bargrips and ended up upside down in a ditch.

Yes, it would look better with the Bargrips, but at the end of the day, it is mostly an M201, so trying to be 100% authentic is a bit pointless, and I prefer driver safety over looks!!

Three panels are painted now and drilled for the window fixing bolts. The last door is primed, and should be seeing paint shortly.

Steve

The first side is complete now except for a door handle. The panels are fitted to the jeep, and the glazing is bolted in. With all the bolts around the glazing, it actually adds to the aviation feel.

1013219.jpg

The second view is internally. The white around the windows is silicone to help seal the gap between the glazing and the wood panel. It should dry clear ( the test piece did!! ). I still need to wipe the dust off. The static from removing the protective plastic is pulling dust in from miles around.

1013221.jpg

Steve

Careful folks, Steve is an estate agent you know, I reckon this will be marketed as a compact and bijou one bedroomed studio apartment soon !!! :-D

Good point Tim but you missed out " ...was owned by a B-17 pilot " :whistle:

Careful folks, Steve is an estate agent you know, I reckon this will be marketed as a compact and bijou one bedroomed studio apartment soon !!! :-D

Good point Tim but you missed out " ...was owned by a B-17 pilot " :whistle:

I think you'd find that would be prosecutable under the Properties Misdescription Act, and subject to a fine of up to £20,000 per misdescription.

Anyway...........

Got the handles/catches welded up tonight. These thread through 'T' nuts pushed into each side of the door. One locks onto the door strap eyelet, the other at the top of the door latches onto the top of the screen frame.

1014040.jpg

Steve