Hotchkiss distributor query...

Lindsay

Got a problem with our Hotchkiss. Once started and warmed up, and having run for a few miles,it starts missing badly.

We have tested the ht leads, checked the plugs and points. Any suggestions of what to try next other than replacing the distributor and or coil?

Thanks...😊

Thanks for all your responses.

Condenser has been replaced and the points were ok. Guess it looks like a new coil...... Jeep Parts have one, any suggestions of any where else worth trying. Have spoken to Nick Jeffereys and he suggests putting to back to a 12volt distributor, supplying a kit which provides everything needed for £310, which will make the cost of parts in future much cheaper and more plentyfull. Is there anyone who could strip and rebuild the existing one?

The other alternative is to go for electronic ignition which seems to have mixed reports........suggestions on a postcard please.....😳😳

I've two of Franks ones in my vehicles. Great guy but best to phone him, he wants to know every detail. From memory my 6 volt pos earth one and coil was about £160/70. Not cheap but as I want to take mine abroad and I know from my WC51, that they are relaible it takes one major headache out of the equation. Engines run smoother to, and no problem with 6 volt starting.

Thank you all for your comments. We have decided, rightly or wrongly, to replace the distributor with one from R & R. It's new old stock......and we choose to do this as we had had so many comments as well about resistors that could also break down inside and other things so watch this space and I will report back as to whether its worked 😳