Half Tracks

sim60

Question

Hopefully this is the right thread(if not please move it).A couple of us are discussing the purchase of a Half track,but we werenot sure if you needed an "H" licence as they are tracked.None of us has one, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks Simon:-D

8 answers to this question

Hopefully this is the right thread(if not please move it).A couple of us are discussing the purchase of a Half track,but we werenot sure if you needed an "H" licence as they are tracked.None of us has one, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks Simon:-D

No "H" license category required, I thought that you could drive pre 1960 vehicles on your car licence ???? A couple of points that I think should be pointed out. Halftracks have poor visibility at awkward road junctions, you really do need a co-driver at all times, tracks are getting rather expensive to buy (£3000.00 plus) and they are only good for 3000 miles on mettalic roads from new, 3 miles to the gallon (Petrol) etc, etc............... and no longer cheap to buy. ( I do have a White M3 in my garage)Halftrack on Festival Park.jpg