new bedford mw member on the forum?

Danny P

Hello to everybody, specially to the Bedford MW enthousiasts!

It has been a year or so ago that I registered on the forum but I never had (took) the oppertunity to introduce myself. I've posted a thread maybe once but now I realize being an unknown member with no messages at all. Therefore I would like to introduce myself today and start participating.

I bought a 1943 GMC tipper when I was 19 years old and was the youngest member of the Dutch Military Car Club "Old Hickory". It is 16 years since I sold the GMC. My interest faded until I visited a liberation celebration in Noorbeek the Netherlands in 2009. I met some old friends and realized I was infected with the green virus again. This led to the purchase of a Bedford MW in Belgium 2011 (see attached picture). I went to my first meeting in As Belgium that same year and started restoration in September. I started with the back of the bedford from the bottom of the chassis. With this many questions come up which I like to share in the near future.

The chassis number of the bedford is 66674, shock absorbers are dated 4-45, contractnumber S8216. If I'm correctly the Chassis number and contractnumber are corresponding with 1945 production. I would like to know the sensus number for completion! Can anybody help on this please? There is a sensus number on the doors but I don't know if this is correct?

I hope you will appreciate my short introduction and I'm open to any comments!

Kind regards and merry Christmas!

Danny

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70698[/ATTACH]