Early Bellows Air Filter

thedawnpatrol

I have seen one of the filters with a modern cartridge element in it. From a quick look it was similar to those I have come across in MF165 tractors, Hyster forklifts. Try taking it to an agricultural dealer and matching up, the era of the Massey Fergie 165, 185, etc with dry filters would be late Sixties/early Seventies, before that they were oil bath filters.

Here is a link, you will have to check dimensions but this is the type I am refering to:

http://www.thevintagetractorcompany.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3280

Edited by Richard Farrant

I have seen one of the filters with a modern cartridge element in it. From a quick look it was similar to those I have come across in MF165 tractors, Hyster forklifts. Try taking it to an agricultural dealer and matching up, the era of the Massey Fergie 165, 185, etc with dry filters would be late Sixties/early Seventies, before that they were oil bath filters.

Here is a link, you will have to check dimensions but this is the type I am refering to:

http://www.thevintagetractorcompany.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3280

Thank you Richard spot on as ever ;)

Pete

Hi Jules,

I had a Fordson WOT2D which I restored in the 1980's, that also had the Vokes filter. There was an old disposals yard locally in Melbourne (Aust) that had a pile of NOS assemblies but in a lean-to.

I got a couple of the best looking one's with intact (not moth eaten) felt and installed one.

It took me about 20 minutes and a few miles of wondering why the truck was getting asthmatic to discover the felt was slowly disintegrating into the carby! I had to do a roadside strip of the carby to get home again.Ever seen a furry carby?

I found a truck aircleaner filter in an auto/industrial shop that was an almost perfect fit with some home-made rubber gaskets, with no more problems in that department.

The yard has since closed and I wish I had bought more filter assemblies (surface rust only!)

regards,

Andrew Browne