The great tank tour of 2012!

LightningCato

I was just in Florida to see Atlantis and now I'm in Cali visiting a friend. I'll be home on the 11th then taking my Weasel to the Veterans day parade in Columbia the next day before leaving for Manchester on the 14th.

I'll be looking at BMP-1's, Abbots, and CVR(T)'s (Sabre!!) there. I'll then be looking at another tank in France before a few days in Germany before finally going to the Czech Republic to visit two more places. I'll be coming home on the 25th I think It's going to be busy! I'll post pictures for sure.

...then a day later Norfolk for Enterprise's Inactivation.

I actually wrote this post for another forum a few days ago. I was in the veterans day parade today with the Weasel and ended up overheating and parallel parking next to our state house in it. ...I somehow found that amusing along with the rest of my group. The Weasel is okay though ;). He's currently back in his parking space at the motor-pool.

-Lee

I'm going to be in Manchester (UK ;D) for only a few hours. I'm just flying into there to see a few vehicles and then staying with a friend near London that night. It's going to be a loooong day.

My friend that lives there wants me to stay with her for a bit sometime though. I may come back next summer and be there for two weeks ...probably during Tank Fest or something.

My friend that lives there wants me to stay with her for a bit sometime though. I may come back next summer and be there for two weeks ...probably during Tank Fest or something.

If you are coming back in the summer, then you have to do the War & Peace Show in July. 5 days of thousands of military vehicles and only just south of London

I'd second Richard's recommendation of War & Peace. It is the largest MV show in the world and sees vehicles from all over Europe. It's quite an experience.

If you are limited to just 2 weeks though, Duxford and Tankfest are two weeks apart.

Duxford 16th June 2013

Tankfest 29/30th June 2013

War and Peace 17th-21st July 2013