Jeep head gasket woes

hoppy

I can't see anything else other than coolant in the oil and compression areas.

As mentioned previously I think there is a water jacket crack somewhere that has opened up enough to cause this, and I'd suggest the distributor tube as a first port of call. I' wouldn't remove the head too often as that would be more likely to cause problems than fix them.

Get one of those coolant pressurising systems and put a few PSI in the cooling system and see what happens. Last time I worked on one with the distributor out even a few PSI was enough to jet water into the distributor tube. Don't know if there is any milage in the idea of just dumping additional cans of block sealant in there while it is running and wormed up to see if that cures it.

Most likely you will have to pull the distributor and the sump and sleeve the distributor with a bit of 1/2" copper tube covered in gasket goo.

Bit of an update, spent this afternoon tinkering ran the jeep up initially bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust with a bit of moisture present; after 10-15 mins it all seemed to clear, tweeked the head nuts again and then..........nothing.

Did a road run not a plume of smoke at all

HOWEVER

The moisture that I noticed at the start was petrol and whilst stationary there was a subtle smell of petrol from the exhaust and a couple of times the jeep just cut out; is it time for a good tune up?