stars

redsandrew

Ciao!

Please somebody can help me to understand if, at the end of my complete Willys paint, I must to paint simple star or star with open or closed circle.

I am very confused about that...

Some information: my chassis is dated second part of '42 and engine is mixed ford/willys parts :-( ....I would like to use 101 airborne identification numbers all in white.

Can you help me?

The invasion star that is visible from the air has a ring around it (bonnet or roof).

All other stars should be normal, though if it's a Canadian vehicle it gets put on skewed with single point to the side instead of upwards.

There are exceptions of course :)

There are quite a of 101st Airborne marked vehicles out there with the success of the television programmes. If you want to stand out from the crowd you might want to look at some of the other units.

Ok okkkk :red:

what do you think about 82nd division? :)

Why there are two stars version: complete circle and cutted circle? Witch difference?

I think the circle just makes it more visible for aircraft that are further away.

EDIT: Sorry I completely mis-read the post there - as Hanno has said down below, not much difference between them :) The dashes are just where the stencil was held.

Edited by Lauren Child

Ok okkkk :red:

what do you think about 82nd division? :)

Why there are two stars version: complete circle and cutted circle? Witch difference?

Looking at photographs, US vehicles had a broken circle and British vehicles had a complete circle, but there are exceptions to this rule.

PS. Please, not ANOTHER US Airborne Jeep.

I think a Jeep marked up from the 7th would make a great change and would stand out nicely.

Just out of interest (and following a discussion the other day down the local) in reality, would there really have been many Jeeps on the front line with the 101st that were marked up with 101 markings ? Would not most of the transport have been from supply units etc ?

Div. HQ may have had them but if you go to any show these days you would think the 101st were a vehicle hire company !