Breighton Airfield Summer Fly-in Sept 2nd - A few pics

Jessie The Jeep

I was at Spaldington on Sat winching a heavy machine out of a bog i got a free display.

Was there a spitfire flying sure i heard that distinctive merlin sound but was up up to my chest in mud and water so to busy to look about.

About six weeks ago i was doing a job on the airfield its self first time i had been for years i was amazed just how much flying activity there is there.

They had Maurice Hammond's two P-51 Mustangs there on Saturday. The BBMF Spitfire was there Sunday only.

I had a nice low buzz-job and wing-waggle by Maurice in Marinell over my Chimney Top on his way home. Looked and sounded beautiful as ever, but he has a much more important task in-hand at present which is set to wow the public in a few weeks time and put his two P-51's totally in the shade......................

........................................he is skimming a GMC exhaust manifold for me so that I can take 'Sticky Six' to the North Norfolk 1940's wartime weekend on the steam railway without it 'chuffing' more than the steam engines!

Nice pics.