1940s weekend at North Norfolk Railway Holt Norfolk.

HWade

I plan on leaving for Holt, Norfolk, on Thursday 13th September ready for the 1940s weekend, If any body is planning on doing the same and wants to meet up for a convoy, then let me Know, I am leaving Eye in Suffolk, about 10.30 - 11 am, on the Thursday for a long weekend then come back on the Monday. This is a great event, and if you are not booked in with a vehicle its still a good day out on the Saturday or Sunday. Howard.

I plan on leaving for Holt, Norfolk, on Thursday 13th September ready for the 1940s weekend, If any body is planning on doing the same and wants to meet up for a convoy, then let me Know, I am leaving Eye in Suffolk, about 10.30 - 11 am, on the Thursday for a long weekend then come back on the Monday. This is a great event, and if you are not booked in with a vehicle its still a good day out on the Saturday or Sunday. Howard.

Howard,

I am off to Norfolk on holiday over that period, you say it a good show? Do you know if there will be any traders stalling out there as I might pop in for the day as a MoP.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

Yep there sure are, they have quite a few stalls at the Holt end of the event in the Meadow, beside the station, well worth a visit, I will stake my life on that. Nice one Clive, I might well need a driveway to park the truck and trailer over night, hint hint. Howard

Hi Paul

Yep there sure are, they have quite a few stalls at the Holt end of the event in the Meadow, beside the station, well worth a visit, I will stake my life on that. Nice one Clive, I might well need a driveway to park the truck and trailer over night, hint hint. Howard

Cheers mate, i will drop in then.

Paul

GMC Manifold replacement pending..................................I'll be convoying up with you Howard.

Just had my packet of goodies arrive in the post from Rex Ward this morning and yesterday, Maurice Hammond skimmed 1 mm off the face of the exhaust manifold at his Engineering workshop, so we should be all set to do the change-over on Monday.

Hi Malcolm

Thats some great pics,The convoy there was great, and coming back last night in the dark was brilliant, the trailer looked really good with all the marker lights lit up. I think this 40s event has to be the highlight of the show season for me, dont know what it is but it has such a great atmosphere, and I should think 95% of the people are dressed for the occasion.If anybody has not been then its a must for next year, I plan on booking in very soon for next year. As for the Blonde Yes a great wing walker.

Howard

It indeed was a great weekend, with Sticky Six doing around 150 miles in total chasing trains, collecting unusual cargo and getting there and back - Here are my highlights!

P1100309.jpg

The best camping spot right next to the railway line at Holt terminus.

P1100365.jpg

Black Five at Holt awaiting running around the rolling stock

P1100372.jpg

ok, so BR Standard 9F 'Black Prince' was not built at Swindon until 1959, but for most punters, if their is smoke coming out of the chimney then thats good enough - I'll just get me Bedford RL to park alongside it! Owned by David Shepard the wildlife artist from Somerset and on loan to the line.

P1100351.jpg

Running along the platform to catch the soon departing train

P1100319.jpg

Local girls really got into the spirt of things as I found when they had 'stabled-up' upon a local Dodge Carryall for a photographer from the Eastern Daily Press..!

Great pictures after an amazing weekend!! It wouldn't have been half as good if you guys and gals hadn't been there so thank you! we have a load of pictures too if you would like them? I'm not sure who's vehicle is whos but if you want us to post them you can sort them out among yourselves? We made sure we asked one of you at least before we had any taken though, so you should all know, we hope we didn't put anyone nose out of joint, we have a huge respect for your passion! We've had people sending us copies, as well as ones from Weyborne station, but I think they where a different group from you guys? There are quite a few though....lol! do you guys have any sort of album for the event or anything, we're not very good at this forum malarkey! Any advice anyone? thanks! :kiss:

P.S, Where do I sign up! - from 'the Blonde' haha! :D

That was an excellent way of telling the story of the weekend and stepping back in time............by following the boy throughout the film. The guy who did it called it a 'rough edit' - personally I would have been thrilled with the end result!

Great little film and a nice shot of Malcolm at 5.17 or thereabout with his painted A2 jacket.

You Gals would sure love The War and peace show 2013 ! Loved the Video, very well done :wow:

Sounds great, where's that one? Lots of people recommended Pickering, and theres a small vintage rally event being held for the first time at Pensthorpe, fakenham, in october which we are heading too next :) heres the link if anyones nearby interested? Im not sure if there will be any military stuff there, but there should be! Its not as good without!

War and peace show is the biggest Military vehicle Show in the World ! its like Glastonbury for us, we camp for for week and its mega ! Its in Kent at the end of June, I am going to Jeep day at Debach in Suffolk weekend after next, I have a spare seat if anyone want to come along in a Jeep...

War and peace show is the biggest Military vehicle Show in the World ! its like Glastonbury for us, we camp for for week and its mega ! Its in Kent at the end of June, I am going to Jeep day at Debach in Suffolk weekend after next, I have a spare seat if anyone want to come along in a Jeep...

We intend to take my Jeep to Debach-Martlesham control tower- open day was good:-D we missed Holt as we went to Chatham Dock 40's weekend.

Ps. War and peace is mid july.

Gerry