Good Morning!

Hello,

I'm Mick an ex gunner (1966-74) with an interest in 25 Pdr's and a passing interest in Ferret's.

The passing interest is because I have often wondered what happened to the one I used to drive at breakneck speed up and down the Autobhan's without getting caught, 00EC98 are you still out there?

I have joined this site to learn more about some of the vehicles that have survived my service time frame, the Bedford RL Gun Tractor being one of them, the other is the 1 ton Humber, or Pig as it is more universally known. I have worked on both the original radio type which were then taken away from my regiment only to be reunited with them in Belfast some 3 years later in the now familiar up-armoured Northern Ireland role.

It's good to be here!

the other is the 1 ton Humber, or Pig as it is more universally known. I have worked on both the original radio type which were then taken away from my regiment only to be reunited with them in Belfast some 3 years later in the now familiar up-armoured Northern Ireland role.

Mick welcome, you are leaning on an open door here.:D Do you have any Pig pictures to share or can recall the registrations of any of your favourites? I have a lot of Humber pictures here catalogued by registrations & have histories of many.

Hi Marmite & Clive,

I have a picture of my Ferret which I will upload, I also have some Pig pictures from Northern Ireland (1973) which I will put on the forum, sadly I don't have any pictures of Pigs from Larkhill 1968-1971 when we used them for OP radio vehicles in support of the School of Artillery.

Welcome in Mick, you are in very friendly company here!!

I've just posted on your pig pictures thread before seeing this one. Indeed 00EC98 does still exist indeed, in fact it's a exhibit at The Tank Museum, Bovington.

Attached is my own photo from tankfest in 2009, where it performs in part of the displays!

Thanks for all the photos you have posted so far.

Cheers

Matt

IMG_5749_small.jpg