Explosive works 1700's ?

Well done pretty much there in the first shot!

Although the date, as others surmised was rather later, in fact it was 1941.

I was expecting suggestions along the lines on a new olympic hurdle race, G4S changing rooms etc :D

Dsc02467b.jpg

There was a Foyles war episode that featured a munitions factory and the set up was the same as was confirmed by a lad who worked for me who in a previous life had worked at ROF Chorley

He reckoned it was pretty well spot on in the TV series and hadnt changed much up till the ROF closed

Yes its interesting that you have to climb over the barrier in your underclothing rather than underneath it. :D

It's a gate, not a barrier. Check out the ones in the Nothe Fort, Weymouth.

Yes its interesting that you have to climb over the barrier in your underclothing rather than underneath it. :D

It's a gate, not a barrier. Check out the ones in the Nothe Fort, Weymouth.

Just commenting on what it says in the book.

Dsc02467c.jpg

Clive, I think the crucial phrase is pass over the barrier; thinking back to the ones I've seen and if I remember correctly, as said above the bar is a gate which is opened and closed but there is a board across at floor level (see your drawing) which one steps over.

Clive, I think the crucial phrase is pass over the barrier; thinking back to the ones I've seen and if I remember correctly, as said above the bar is a gate which is opened and closed but there is a board across at floor level (see your drawing) which one steps over.

You may well be right. I was just misled as the gate/bar seemed to be labelled as the barrier rather than the board resting on the floor.