Military Manouevers Conwy

As usual an excellent show in a superb environment only spoiled by the number of no shows, presumably due to the weather. As the water pump on the Weasel is broke with a capital F it was only a static exhibit and could not take part in the road run or action in the field and in any case due to pressure of work I didn't arrive until 3.45pm Saturday although the site was open from Thursday. The show is held on a touring caravan park in the Conwy Valley so has excellent showers and toilet facilities as well as it's own pub. The owner and organiser is an MVT member and vehicle owner and shows his appreciation for attendees with petrol money and 12 pints of free beer. There was an excellent battle reenactment on both days which was thoroughly enjoyed by the public and exhibitors alike.

I can't recommend this event highly enough, a really laid back friendly and welcoming atmosphere, set in a beautiful location 5 minutes from the historic town of Conwy with its Castle, 15mins from Llandudno and on the edge of Snowdonia National Park there is something for all the family. There were also free rides on a Big Wheel and Dodgems and a prize giving on Sunday afternoon, the Weasel came 2nd in class and all prize winners received a bottle of bubbly. As soon as I know dates for next year I will post on here.

Almost forgot, sorry no pics as the camera is in the same state as the Weasel:banghead:

Evening

couldn't agreed with Degsy more, what a great show that grows year on year, Took the Diamond T 981 down again this year and for those of you that follow my trials with this vehicle, this time, we broke down going there insted of going home. the main issue was that the 100 mile return journey was done without overdrive so 19 MPH max all the way home (5 hours in total).thanks for everyone who waved as they raced home (i think they were waving?), it was dark when i got home.

Normans hospitality at the show with free beer very well received, the saturday afternoon road run through Conwy and Llandudno was good fun, albeit narrow going through the castle arch's in Conwy always interesting.

well done to Keith Broome and the motorcycle outriders, you know who you are

The reinactors put on two good battles on Saturday and Sunday on the new battle site specially created.

the Alvis tank display was superb

a diverse cross section of exhibits, RAF, Long range desert patrol

Please,please, if people have any pictures of the show please post them as i dont have any this year

looking forward to next year

MaccDT

Shame it clashed with our show but the guy didnt help himself by chopping and changing the dates,but still I have tried contacting him regarding dates so our 2 shows don't clash again but he's not being to helpfull

Edited by polecat paul

Shame it clashed with our show but the guy didnt help himself by chopping and changing the dates,but still I have tried contacting him regarding dates so our 2 shows don't clash again but he's not being to helpfull

I believe it was all to do with the N.Wales MVT show at Caerwys which was subsequently cancelled, can't comment about the 'not helpful bit' but rather surprises me as I have known Norman for more years than I care to remember and always found him to be a very nice guy. May be because of the problems with the Caerwys show?