Hi everyone

Welcome to the group.

There are many different jeep 'derivatives' that can be cheaper than a real one. You might try a Mahindra or even a later model Jeep. They are all priced dependant on what the owner 'thinks' they are worth and how much work needs to be done. Don't be fooled by a majorly overpriced project that is just beyond the realms of reality.

Plenty of very knowledgable owners and restoration type people here so ask away.

Good luck with your search :)

I would have thought something Jeep-like and affordable would have to be a Land Rover, easy on spares and pretty reliable,and its a British concept, ( Based of course on the Jeep) it certainly covers any re-acting period from 1948...... just a thought.

Are the mahindra jeeps any good tho? My dad imported an Indian lmabretta once and the metal and wireing was shocking!

I just prefere the shape and size of jeeps a MUTT would be perfect thinning about contacting that bloke in Portugal whose selling them.

Yeah my dads obsessed with landys he's currently doing a series 3 up, but I just prefere jeeps would perhaps consider an airportable lightweight one tho if the cost of jeeps was too high.

James

Are the mahindra jeeps any good tho? My dad imported an Indian lmabretta once and the metal and wireing was shocking!

I just prefere the shape and size of jeeps a MUTT would be perfect thinning about contacting that bloke in Portugal whose selling them.

Yeah my dads obsessed with landys he's currently doing a series 3 up, but I just prefere jeeps would perhaps consider an airportable lightweight one tho if the cost of jeeps was too high.

James

Mutt`s are still a little on the expensive side, I dont think that you will beat the Lightweight Land Rover.