Note for Dodge owners

Tony B

I took Katy my 54 for MOT test. Despite the brakes being more than adequate for the rolling Road, one of the front flexi pipes had been nipped by the steering stop. This particular hose has been a pain, but if you're replacing or move a flexi hose on the front, be careful about the routing that it has the room not to catch. Everything else passed no problem. One oddity on Front position lights, sidelights to the rest of us. Post 1935 a vehicle does need them, showing steady white light to front. Now Katy hasn't got any conventional lside lights! They are also supposed to work off the same switch as the headlights, which is a complication on a 54. The front black out lights worked so that was fine, but I'm going to fit another set, probably small LED to the outer extremities for saftey sake.

POOH to you! From 18th November this year no vehicle 'First used before 1960' will need an MOT in England! :-D I've got the new pipe on order should be here tomorrow. The only problem is the siteing of the brake master , right under the steering coloum! I have a set up devised to use the pressure bleeder, but it takes more time to get it attached than to do the job. What I've done on my 12 volt Dodge is used two strips of LED under the wings. They are cable tied to the support rib and wired to the side lights. You don't even know they are there. But when on they light up the wheel arches and show the true width of the vehicles.

Edited by Tony B

I will agree they are a pain to get to. That sounds good for the front, but I am going try to make a removable light set for the rear (once i finally get a chance to work on her). Oh road tax is out now, paid on fuel, now very expensive at around £1.11 per liter :wow:

Are well, your twenty years behind the other place there, comes of being inthe EU :D Though some Grock expert came with GST, he should be forcible shown the Mailboat! The Ambulance has decent size visible back lights, but being 6 volt are as dim as Toc H lamp. The Weapons Carrier has nice bright 12 volt LEDS , but the rear lights are right under the body. I have a trail board hanging over the tail gate now.

This is a useful place, if you're doing the indicators it is much easier to buy an LED flasher unit, there no more than a standard one. http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/

POOH to you! From 18th November this year no vehicle 'First used before 1960' will need an MOT in England! :-D I've got the new pipe on order should be here tomorrow. The only problem is the siteing of the brake master , right under the steering coloum! I have a set up devised to use the pressure bleeder, but it takes more time to get it attached than to do the job. What I've done on my 12 volt Dodge is used two strips of LED under the wings. They are cable tied to the support rib and wired to the side lights. You don't even know they are there. But when on they light up the wheel arches and show the true width of the vehicles.

Yes they don't need an MOT but they still must be road legal..........

Same as ours, all the emphasis is on the owner/driver, some people take care of their vehicles and some do not, thankfully those of us in this hobby pride ourselves on our vehicles being in top mechanical condition so they should never fall foul of an on the spot check from the police etc.

I was thinking of a board over the tailgate, and have seen a nice headlight upgrade which i may fit, I had not thought of led conversion tho but will pursue these mods once i finally get a chance to work on her.

Despite the best efforts of the Royal Mail, delivering the new brake hose to the wrong adress!!! Katy has now passed the only MOT she will ever need. Apparently any veihicle 'First used etc. being imported will still need an intial MOT to ensure it is safe. All the paperwork has now been sent off, so who makes black and white plates?

:thumbsup: Well done, i can second that on the mail front have had parts sent all over the place thanks to them, time for a nice beer, then a dent in your wallet when you fill her up.