Re: Can anyone tell me date of production of my QL??

Danny152

Hiya all,

On my new QL the chassis tag says the following:

10 XX 28.

36 12 2.

In this order.

Would anyone be able to date what batch she's from and any other info??

Danny,

If you mean the repair data plate approx 3 inches square, normally on passenger side of chassis near cab, then the top details are the post-1948 army reg. number, but I suspect it may not be XX, but more likely YX. Is this a QLR chassis? If the other number is also on the chassis, prefixed QLC, QLD, QLR, etc, then it could be a 1944 build as 36122 falls in that year of production. You may able to trace the post1948 number through the key cards at Deepcut, that will tell you contract details.

Thanks Richard,

I had a feeling you would give me the reply HA HA!!!! I have looked closer at the Reg and you are right :cheesy:, but cannot see a prefix of QLR or QL stated anywhere. The chassis looks like a QLD or QLR but has the standard distrub in.

Where would the other plates be? My other QL did not have any.

Well its nice to know that she is late war.

Thanks again.

Danny

Thanks Richard,

I had a feeling you would give me the reply HA HA!!!! I have looked closer at the Reg and you are right :cheesy:, but cannot see a prefix of QLR or QL stated anywhere. The chassis looks like a QLD or QLR but has the standard distrub in.

Where would the other plates be? My other QL did not have any.

Well its nice to know that she is late war.

Thanks again.

Danny

Danny,

There should be a couple of plates on top of the steering column support bracket, as you look through the steering wheel, one was the contract plate. Probably missing, usually are. The chassis number is stamped in the area just below petrol tank on pass. side if I remember, and will be prefixed with letters, QLD, QLR, etc. Most YX numbers I recall were QLR, but would not take the distributor as proof as it may have been substitiuted in later life.

regards,

Richard

Danny,

There should be a couple of plates on top of the steering column support bracket, as you look through the steering wheel, one was the contract plate. Probably missing, usually are. The chassis number is stamped in the area just below petrol tank on pass. side if I remember, and will be prefixed with letters, QLD, QLR, etc. Most YX numbers I recall were QLR, but would not take the distributor as proof as it may have been substitiuted in later life.

regards,

Richard

The plates on my QL in front of the steering column!

IMG_1385.jpg

guy

IMG_1384.jpg