Intresting Dodge build date

Tony B

I've just recived the build card data for Katy the WC54 from Chrysler. Along with a copy of the drivers instruction and other useful info. (Great value for the equivalent of about £14 ) Most of the chatter is the the WC 54 was discontinued in about 1944 and the KD64 was subtituted. But, Katys chassis number 81687980 is dated at February 4th 1944. A couple of years later than we intially thought. Though it makes her a close sister to WC51 that was built October 4th 1944. .

Interesting - how long did it take as I've had my five cards on order for about a month now?

Worth comparing the Build Card date with the Date of Delivery - but I suspect from your text you don't have it.

The Build Card is always dated before the Date of Delivery, but I assume the amount varies. Early in the war the inspection would have been Quartermaster Corps inspectors in batches, later on it would have been Ordnance inspectors on the line, so by February 44 if would be pretty much the same day

Great stuff, I should really order my build card too!!

Gordon, mine took about 5 weeks to come through. Joris, yes definitley! I also got a photo copy of the Drivers instructions. One thing in there is a full description and pictures of the vehcile tool kit and winch instructions.

I've been putting it off for a while now, but I suspect this service may quietly be withdrawn some time so I finally ordered my five.

I've also asked if I can have a deal on a special batch of sixteen that I don't own for research purposes, but they normally need proof of ownership before they will let you have the data. We'll see.

Anyone with a WW2 US Dodge should have this card ( Canadian Dodge build records were dumped apparently ) and there are a couple of threads on the WW2 Dodge Forum about interpretation of it and lists of cards and details.

G

With very little problems for a vehicle that had done about 25 miles in the last five years, Katy came charging up the motorway yesterday like good'un, and is now safley parked outside. She has a rebuild plate on her dated 1952. I'll post the information later today.