Help with part

Hussar1982

Hello folks, Here is the problem I have. I need a part from Bannisters in the UK. Bottom Cover Gearbox. But they do not have a general export licence. So I needs some advice on how to get that part shipped to me. Could I purchase it and have a friend in the UK send it to me as a gift/present. Or would that be highly unethical.

Being in Canada we run into this all the time with shipments from the UK of things green.

I have used many different people for vehicles over the years.

Recently I have had dealings with British Military Vehicles run by Bob Grundy, very helpful and knowledgeable and very easy to deal with.

Regards

Robin Craig

Union Jack Collection

Being in Canada we run into this all the time with shipments from the UK of things green.

I have used many different people for vehicles over the years.

Recently I have had dealings with British Military Vehicles run by Bob Grundy, very helpful and knowledgeable and very easy to deal with.

Regards

Robin Craig

Union Jack Collection

Hi Robin, my potential supplier also hails from the UK, maybe I can marry him up with Bob? I am not sure whether my supplier is a HMVF member, I will go through the members list.

Hello folks, Here is the problem I have. I need a part from Bannisters in the UK. Bottom Cover Gearbox. But they do not have a general export licence. So I needs some advice on how to get that part shipped to me. Could I purchase it and have a friend in the UK send it to me as a gift/present. Or would that be highly unethical.

Strange, Banisters ship all over the world, or has that changed??

Hi. For the general information of the forum, the export of most military items is controlled and is potentially a minefield , even older vehicle parts are controlled. Most UK dealers are well aware of this and will not export unless they ( and the end user) can meet all the regulations. In many cases its not financially viable for the dealer to go to all the trouble of dealing with the paperwork and the potential risks involved may make it unattractive to supply single low value items.

Anyone who reads the news recently about the retired UK businessman now facing charges in the US will be aware of the potential risks if it all goes wrong. It's worth going to the trouble to do it properly because you can take the opprotunity to include a few other spares in the shipment and make all the trouble worth it. You ought to enquire with your own customs and import depts to see what paperwork they will require from you ( and whether they will allow it in the first place). Its not worth taking a risk and asking a UK supplier to send it over outside of the regulations because both parties can end up in hot water.

In reality , I am sure that many enthusiasts have sent items to friends abroad quite innocently and no harm has been done , but this recent case may bring it all under the spotlight. Good luck with your quest for the gearbox cover - If you require any further information please feel free to PM me.

Hi. For the general information of the forum, the export of most military items is controlled and is potentially a minefield , even older vehicle parts are controlled. Most UK dealers are well aware of this and will not export unless they ( and the end user) can meet all the regulations. In many cases its not financially viable for the dealer to go to all the trouble of dealing with the paperwork and the potential risks involved may make it unattractive to supply single low value items.

Anyone who reads the news recently about the retired UK businessman now facing charges in the US will be aware of the potential risks if it all goes wrong. It's worth going to the trouble to do it properly because you can take the opprotunity to include a few other spares in the shipment and make all the trouble worth it. You ought to enquire with your own customs and import depts to see what paperwork they will require from you ( and whether they will allow it in the first place). Its not worth taking a risk and asking a UK supplier to send it over outside of the regulations because both parties can end up in hot water.

In reality , I am sure that many enthusiasts have sent items to friends abroad quite innocently and no harm has been done , but this recent case may bring it all under the spotlight. Good luck with your quest for the gearbox cover - If you require any further information please feel free to PM me.

It is pretty clear, thanks.