does anybody recognise the location?

bit random but I collect and repair these old machines and have a hunch, from type of shed/colour scheme that this one may lie abandoned on a disused military base - if anyone can corroborate this, would love to know which one, so I can begin making enquiries to rescue and repair/rebuild it :)

EWN.jpg

not much to go on I know but you never know ...

hey scruffs..........

you may do better joining and then posting it on something like http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk

..........that's one of those 'urban exploration' ( I know ...ridiculously pretentious thing to call 'having a mooch around disused buildings' but there you go :cool2:).....those lads and lass's find their way pretty much all over the country

thanks bob, I suspect the image was originally posted on such a forum, unfortunately, although i've spent a good few hours looking thru threads (and enjoyed it) i've had no luck locating one with that image yet (seen some shots of RAE/F Thurleigh which look to have very similar sheds) and not having become an active member, feel a bit awkward asking, if you know what I mean

might be the only way, just occurred someone here might recognize the build style/colour as military and point me in right direction

as for Brannigans, rings a bell - used to work at Gatwick around 15years ago and we had a few works socials in creepy Crawley :-\

• 8 months later...

finally tracked location to South Wales, Barry to be more precise - not MOD related after all

some more photos here (for anyone remotely interested!), including an old road roller rusting away

[h=3]The World's Best Photos of bendricks - Flickr Hive Mind[/h]

was over in the Bristol area back in September too (if i'd known then, what I know today ...)

sounds like the site may have recently suffered severe fire damage or even have been levelled by now?

anyone local able to confirm or close enough fancy go checking it out? still wanna rescue it and the one next to it, if still there :-)

(or should that be :nut: ... yes, I think it probably should!)

For those who don't know, Google is as good at searching for images as it is for words and phrases. Click on "Images" at the top of the Google home page and it will open a search box. Click on the little camera icon that appears in the search box and either cut and paste the picture URL or upload the picture from where you've saved it on your machine. Doing that on your picture results in a series of hits, the fifth or sixth one down being the Flickr link. Simples! :-)

Andy

thanks Andy - works a treat! If nothing else, i've learnt something useful!

If i'm too late, i'll kick myself for not knowing about image googling too, still it was interesting and fun searching the hard way :-)

Don't worry, I didn't know either until someone told me a few months back!

Andy