Not just trucks...

John Pearson

On a related matter, once at a show there are frequent empty spaces in vehicles going into arenas or on road runs. For example, I probably went into the arena at Beltring in 2006 about a dozen times altogether. I frequently had one free seat in both my Valentine and the FV438 I had there and sometimes I went into the arena with no one on board except myself because no one in the local vicinity wanted a ride even though I asked around. Is it worth having a 'board' here where such offers can be made? Bit more difficult to 'share costs' of course as most people would not have insurance cover for paying passengers as such but the purchase of a couple of pints afterwards would probably be very welcome I'm sure.

Same here too!!

Also more than willing to swap rides in a Stalwart for anything going - all any one has to do is ask!! :angel: :tongue:

Mmmm!!!! I have driven it (yours) but you can drive mine if you want 8-)

Looks like I will never have an empty seat (or glass) again! One small problem: I don't know who each name refers to so it is a bit difficult knowing if I know someone on this forum or not. Maybe another thread: why do so few people use their own names? Anyway, if anyone finds me at a show (John Pearson is my real name) and I have a free seat on the way to the arena then just ask. If I have more requests than seats then the person with the biggest beer barrel wins. One final thing, if you want to be seen out of a turret hatch then I may well ask you NOT to wear uniform, unless of course you are actually entitled to wear it! (Another thread perhaps.....?)

• 1 month later...

If anyone fancies a 1944-5 British soldier as a passenger at Beltring, Victory show, or any other events where my group will be at, i'd be more than happy to olige, and could supply a few more troops if there's an empty Bedford or half track!