It's oh so quiet

I`m here Neil mate:cheesy: I was reading the Best of British Mag in town yesterday, saw the Maiden Newton at war ad in there mentioning WW2 Aircraft, sounds interesting, they also mentioned something about Tanks whatever that means:confused:

I`m here Neil mate:cheesy: I was reading the Best of British Mag in town yesterday, saw the Maiden Newton at war ad in there mentioning WW2 Aircraft, sounds interesting, they also mentioned something about Tanks whatever that means:confused:

I'm here to!!!!

Yeah I've heard of some sort of convoy/display of a few MV's. Might pop down for a shuffty. :)

Anybody out there? Jack, stop drinking Costa dry of coffee. Is it all going to plan?

Neil.

All well here Neil - I think I have said elsewhere, I am just flat out putting it all together - it is a big undertaking. Also having to rebuild the website to accommodate certain sponsorship wishes :computerrage:

And just signed the deal with the Echo as there approached me to see if they could be our main media partner - I said yes.

Yours tired,

Jack.

And just signed the deal with the Echo as there approached me to see if they could be our main media partner - I said yes.

Yours tired,

Jack.

Make sure you get the money up front Jack, in my experience newspaper people are...how can I put this politely.....rather devious.:cool2:

Hi all,

its probably not quite the correct place on the forum to put this question but i'm hoping someone can answer it.

We are considering coming up to A&E for the Saturday & Sunday - two adults and three sprogs from 12 to 15- car and tent/caravan - got no problems with the booking fee (can't quite see how it can really be done for the money per head).

Anyway, if we are coming up as 'spectators' (we do British WW2 re-enactment) are there any particular places we should go to see the convoy - realise Newton Maiden is just down the road and would like to take this in as well, but we would like to take part with the vehicles just that little bit more.

Any pointers more than welcome.

I presume Jack will make some mods to the 2010 route, I haven't taken enough notice this year to be honest, will do closer to the date. In 2010, we went down to the bottom of the hill into Maiden Newton first of all. Followed on by the pick-up point at the other end of the villiage when the guys from the Maiden Newton at war site grouped up and then we went to Dorchester. This year we will also go to the pub stop (if that is still on the cards)....once you have done all that a cup of tea and biscuit back at the camp site is in order and wait for everyone (or not quite everyone, :-D Adrian) to tootle back.

Hi all,

its probably not quite the correct place on the forum to put this question but i'm hoping someone can answer it.

We are considering coming up to A&E for the Saturday & Sunday - two adults and three sprogs from 12 to 15- car and tent/caravan - got no problems with the booking fee (can't quite see how it can really be done for the money per head).

Anyway, if we are coming up as 'spectators' (we do British WW2 re-enactment) are there any particular places we should go to see the convoy - realise Newton Maiden is just down the road and would like to take this in as well, but we would like to take part with the vehicles just that little bit more.

Any pointers more than welcome.

Folks - I will put up on the A&E website closer to the time to best viewing points. I just have to clear this all with the Highways guys.

many thanks Jack, will keep an eye on the A&E site - is there going to be a cut off date for tickets?

Hi Steve,

To be honest, it isn't a ticket type of event as it is invite only/not open to the public - as we are all on the road.