Greetings from Hampshire

Hello,

Quick introduction. Signed up some while ago, but until now, have just been reading. Excellent forum and a great community of inspirational people bringing to life these great classics and keeping them that way.. My interest is broad and I enjoy reading all the history and restoration stories, but my specific interest is quite niche. Sometime I would really like to acquire a unimog 416 and restore it to represent a vehicle of the Rhodesian Army during the 1970's bushwar. Its only a germ of an idea at the moment, but I will explore all avenues. The attached image is kind of what I have in mind..

Cheers, Neil

UnimogRhACR.jpg

• 4 years later...

IMG_0676.jpg

Several years down the line now since my first post and the Rhodesian Army Unimog idea has come to life, and here it is ready to be delivered back to me. Essentially a replica as this Unimog, though the right type, was located in the Netherlands and was either ex-Dutch or German Army. Managed to obtain the right colour matches for a Rhodesian Army camo scheme, and found the correct pattern seating for the back, and a post for a 0.5 cal Browning was added. The restoration was ably carried out for me by Barry Ring of Whitedell Engineering - well known on this forum - and what a fantastic job he did! Though it wasn't bad for a 1978 vehicle, you can still imagine how much work was needed - Barry carried out extensive mechanical and body work, and also the work needed to have it registered as a private HGV. That created its own complications, but thanks to Barry, it has all come together..

Hi Neil

Greetings from "New" Hampshire, some projects take a little longer than others get going. Through Unimog looks like a good find, driving MVS with the top down is great fun. Hopefully many enjoyable driving miles ahead.

Cheers Phil