Ok Clive one for you.

Karoshi

Oh dear, I seem to have arrived rather late :oops:

Well on the subject confectionery, how have jelly babies been used to enhance the effectiveness of a particular weapon?

You mean a bit like this Clive, my Son showed me this one as he did it in chemistry a few weeks ago.. it's good to know they still teach some useful stuff at some schools :roll:

http://www.tda.gov.uk/Recruit/lifeasateacher/explosive.aspx

They took exactly the right length of time to dissolve and they were tested in Bedford swimmimg pool

Indeed, but more importantly because of their manufacture method by dipping, they were consistant in their disolving time.

What other saught after high street product contributed to the limpet's success ?

They took exactly the right length of time to dissolve and they were tested in Bedford swimmimg pool

Indeed, but more importantly because of their manufacture method by dipping, they were consistant in their disolving time.

What other saught after high street product contributed to the limpet's success ?

Spun aluminium washing-up bowls from Woolworths, to contain the explosives.

Indeed, Bedford was a pretty austere place to be in the early days of the war, with no aniseed balls and no condoms.

The boffins at M.D.1. scoured the local shops for aniseed balls to use as time delays, and condoms to use as fuse damp protectors whilst their precious limpets were in store.

With over a half a million limpets made you can see how the folks of Bedford were deprived, and how the staff at M.D.I earned the undeserved reputation of sexual athletes.

So how did the common Alka Seltzer help the war effort ?